Windows 10 Display and audio stop working after 15-30 minutes

• Thread starter Thread starter SoGreatMike
  • Start date Start date
S

SoGreatMike

I just recently got an old computer that ran windows 7 but had alot of missing features, and after some fiddling with the software and researching different solutions after learning windows 7 lost support, i was able to get it hooked up to the internet via ethernet and installed windows 10 and also factory reset it to make sure i had a clean computer.

Now, the issue i have now hasnt happened before and happened for the first time when i was fiddling with the graphics settings on CS:GO to get it to run smoothly on it when my audio and display cut out. The monitor didnt even recognize that something was plugged into it. This has just happened for the second time after playing a bit of Stardew Valley.

Currently, the PC isnt connected to ethernet and also doesnt have a wifi receiver and again was just converted to windows 10 and then immediately factory reset to clean the drive of any reminants of win 7 or the programs that were on it.

If this is a hardware or software issue, i dont know, but my theory might be hardware because it does get pretty hot and struggles a bit but i dont know how that would affect audio and display. If my theory is correct, then could someone please explain what hardware i need to replace and how i can do so. If it is software, please tell me what drivers or programs are causing it and how to fix it. I would wholeheartedly appreciate your help, as this PC has become a very new passion project of mine.

Continue reading...

Back