Windows 10 Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead

• Thread starter Thread starter gillgates001
  • Start date Start date
G

gillgates001

HI,

Ever since the recent 1909 update my pc has been freezing (even tho voice keeps continuing .. Discord calls are still connected and I can hear the other person clearly) ; A disconnect reconnect device sound come and I have to restart the pc with the physical button.
My notification is filled with "display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead check windows upate for a newer display driver"
The funny thing is that the pc never freezes when im ingame and only when im minimized(game running in background) or browsing the internet/watching stuff(game is off at that moment)
I have tried reseating the cables in my pc .. disconnected a secondary HDD and using just my main SSD for my boot drive.
I have tried the most recent Nvidia drivers and even 440.97(release date 2019.10.22)I have reinstalled the windows completely and the prob still persists.
My system has never been overclocked.
I am more than happy to provide any windows event log or any other info needed to help me out. Its getting really frustrating now.
Attaching a event viewer system log in photos
[Have tried
TdrDelay in registry;
updating to the latest and a older version of gpu drivers after completely removing drivers with DDU in safe mode and setting auto update drivers to "off"
Reinstalling latest build of windows
checked all physical connections in the pc]

PC specs:
Ryzen 3 1200
Gigabyte a320m-s2h rev1.x
corsair vengence 8x1 ram
crucial mx 500 sata SSD
asus ph gtx 1050 ti 4gb (Depends on the mobo for power)
500watt supply

Im at my wits end here, Any help would be greatly appreciated. thnx in advance

Continue reading...

Back