Windows 10 Display driver issues

• Thread starter Thread starter Max_6232
  • Start date Start date
M

Max_6232

My graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB
I have my Windows 10 on Bootcamp on an 27 inch iMac.

I was trying to play game (Red Dead Redemption 2), but it couldn't run. There was a graphics driver version incompatibility. I downloaded most recent graphics driver from AMD and it showed "Error 173, Software couldn't be installed, couldn't find AMD Graphics Hardware". So I went to Device Manager, uninstalled my Display Adapter (which back then was "AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB", I also think that I clicked "Delete the driver software for this device") and once I refreshed, it didn't disappear, but it changed to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". When I looked in Task Manager, there was no GPU in there. Then I tried installing the graphic driver from AMD again, but it didn't work, so I went to control panel and uninstalled AMD Catalyst. Then I tried again but it still didn't work. I tried uninstalling the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter but it didn't work as well. Then I switched to MacOS to delete the Windows partition from the disk (Basically remove the whole windows) and created it again (so that it was clean Windows installation). The Basic Display Adapter was still there so I tried installing AMD software again, but it still didn't work. I tried many things from the internet but nothing really helped. Also there is no sound on my computer if that helps. In Windows Update Manager there is AMD Display update, but it shows error when it tries to install it. Also when I click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and I click Update Drivers -> Browse my computer for drivers -> Let me pick from list of available drivers on my computer -> (unclick) show compatible hardware and go to AMD there are all other cards, except mine. Can I somehow add it there? I tried repairing it for almost 5 hours :( Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...