Windows 10 .DLL error [C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSIMG32.dll]

• Thread starter Thread starter Avora
  • Start date Start date
A

Avora

'C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSIMG32.dll is either not designated to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000020.'

I keep getting this error, even before I have logged into my personal computer, having no knowledge on computers, the only thing I would think to do was factory reset, which I have done a couple of times now. Ive scoured the internet looking for solutions and a lot of the time, they are for dll issues but not this particular one. i.e they would say to download a malware/antivirus, or atleast perform a scan on the one you already have. But I am unable to run any such program. I can download them fine, and some programs work, however there are some which just do not run at all and result in an error code.

It has only been happening for the past couple of weeks and before I factory reset for the first time, the only program that seemed to be effected was teamspeak. Since I didn't really use it, it didn't really bother me. However, ive since noticed that the error code appears for Task Manager, Administrator* and others.

*One 'fix' said to use the command prompt to run an sfc check. I am unable to make my current user an admin, as when I try to change account type, nothing happens.

Please tell me someone has a fix.

Continue reading...

Back