Windows 10 Does Windows Delivery Optimization work for Games?

• Thread starter Thread starter xemkis
  • Start date Start date
X

xemkis

I'm trying to download a game, Sea of Thieves, but the internet in my home is quite slow (5 Mbps) so downloading to my desktop would normally take tens of hours if not days, and would use the entirety of my bandwidth for that period (who knows how long it would take if I wanted internet access in the mean time). I have access to gigabit internet on my school's campus, and can download the game to my laptop in a matter of minutes.

Now, according to WUDO, my desktop should be able to get the files and data from my LAN if they exist on another computer, and both have WUDO on. I've checked that WUDO is on for both computers, but as I download to my desktop it's still only downloading at 3-4 Mbps even though the LAN should be orders of magnitude faster than that. Task Manager also confirms that ethernet utilization is less than or equal to 5 Mbps.

Does WUDO only work for certain kinds of updates/apps? If it should work for everything, why isn't it, and what can I do/check/change to get it to work?

Both computers have Windows 10 Pro, with the latest updates (version 1909)

Continue reading...

Back