Windows 10 DPI scaling makes my cursor REALLY laggy in some games- tried everything and nothing has fixed it yet

• Thread starter Thread starter AlexMariaMadrid
  • Start date Start date
A

AlexMariaMadrid

This is an issue that has been annoying me since at least 2019. It goes like this: in some games, like fallout4, risk of rain and more notoriously osu!, my cursor feels like its being dragged around, its very laggy, flicks around when im moving it in one direction and is the oppositve of responsive. There is a stark contrast from the way the cursor behaves outside of those apps (on the desktop, for example) and the way it works on said games. This is not a problem of my peripherals, since this happens with 5 different mice, and 2 different drawing tablets.

This document Mouse input in some games is incorrectly scaled on high-DPI devices - Windows Client seems to describe whats happening to me pretty accurately, however, the workaround just doesnt work. Not only is the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" gone entirely, the other options on the compatibility tab also dont work. "Override high dpi scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" does nothing aswell. I tried all 3 modes and they are equally as useless. I also tried putting a custom DPI scaling on the display settings, I put it at 100%, 125%, downloaded this program Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer ,nothing has worked so far. Im really desperate for an answer as I cant enjoy these games anymore, and I feel like I have tried everything that I could. If there is a fix for this please let me know.

Continue reading...

Back