Windows 10 Edited DNS server and IP, now internet is messed up.

• Thread starter Thread starter Seajel
  • Start date Start date
S

Seajel

I'm in a garage apartment, using DSL, using a router that has an Ethernet cord plugged into the wall. The modem is inside the house on the same property.

I manually set my IP address and the DNS servers and entered some commands in CMD (netsh winsock resetipconfig /flushdnsipconfig /release ipconfig /renew). I was trying to get better ping in games.

Then all of a sudden I couldn't connect to game servers. For instance, cannot to Overwatch servers, but can connect to Team Fortress 2 servers. It says lost connection to game server when I'm trying to log in. It's the same with several other games. Also, videos now start streaming in low quality on my Roku and PC. Now, I cannot download anything because there is a network error shortly after a download starts. Pages also load slowly.

The computer in the house has download speeds of 15Mbps. In the garage, 0.4. Both computers are hard wired. The download speeds were slower before this started, but i was still able to download and connect to games.

I have tried a network reset, factory reset of my router, power cycling both the modem in the house and the router in the garage, several other CMD commands that are network related, reinstalled Windows, turned off automatically detect Proxy settings, and several other things that people suggested.

Continue reading...

Back