Windows 10 Enabling Hyper-V causes Windows 10 unable to boot

• Thread starter Thread starter irr3s0lute
  • Start date Start date
I

irr3s0lute

I'm having issues enabling Hyper-V in the "Add Windows Features" option in the control panel. I was hoping to increase performance with Google's Android Emulator for testing. Upon enabling Hyper-V, Windows applies changes and resets. Windows is then unable to boot after this. Previously I had thought it may have been conflicting drivers from Virtualbox. After the last attempt, I was unable to use system restore or boot into Safe Mode and had to clean install.

I clean installed Windows 10 and installed windows updates and graphics / chipset drivers and tried to re-enable Hyper-V again. I also tried disabling "Fast Boot" in control panel at this time after reading it may cause issues when enabling Hyper-V. I ran into the same problem but thankfully was able to boot into safe mode and windows successfully rolled back the feature and then booted normally.

I have the virtualization option enabled in BIOS. According to systeminfo, I have the requirements for Hyper-V AFAIK.

systeminfo command reads as follows:

• VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
  • Virtualization Enabled in Firmware: Yes
  • Second Level Address Translation: Yes
  • Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

OS and Hardware:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
  • MSI x470 Gaming Plus
  • Ryzen 3 2200g

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if any additional information is required.

Continue reading...

Back