Windows 10 Epson V500 Photo Scanner no longer working after latest Windows update

• Thread starter Thread starter SMZPdx
  • Start date Start date
S

SMZPdx

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and after the most recent update, I can no longer access the Epson Scan app. I scanned some images a couple of weeks ago and the Epson app provides complete control of the scanner with a multitude of settings, enabling me to customize my scans. ie Color, curves, contrast, resolution, resize, sharpness etc.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers multiple times according to all the instructions, I've called Epson and they offered no assistance other than telling me to do what I've already done. I connected the scanner to my very old Macbook pro and it recognized the scanner and the app opened with all of the controls. Now when I scan, I have to access the Microsoft SCAN app via the control panel with a right click on the scanner icon. The MS SCAN app only allows for a few options, as shown in the snip below, which is completely unacceptable for the work I do. I'd like to know what I need to do to regain access to the Epson Scanner app and Event Manager that I had a few weeks ago. Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back