Windows 10 Error Code: 0x80073D26. Can't install Gaming Services from Microsoft Store, nor can I reinstall xbox app.

• Thread starter Thread starter ZachChaffee
  • Start date Start date
Z

ZachChaffee

So I've seen similar posts, but from some time ago, and none of the proposed solutions worked for me. My Xbox app stopped downloading games properly after I uninstalled Final Fantasy 15. After exhausting the recommended solutions related to 0x80073D26 on the web, I'm worse off than I started. I don't have Gaming Services or the Xbox app on my computer at this point. The Microsoft Store attempted to install Gaming services, but comes up with the previously mentioned error code. Now, it won't even bring up my list of updates, and when I try to install the xbox app (either through the store or from an installer) it just straight up freezes. I've canceled my subscription because I'm basically paying for nothing now. I'd love to restart it, the game selection is excellent.

I've tried:

Resetting both the store and the xbox app, as well as manually uninstalling the xbox app and trying to use the installer.

Clearing the Store Cache using the wsreset command.

Clean Boot, with no antivirus or firewall.

I've also tried a command line in powershell (admin). "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers"

followed by: "start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN" at which point I hit 'install' and the store froze. Once I minimized it to look at something else I couldn't open it again.

None of these things has made a dent. In fact, like I said, I'm in worse shape now.

Continue reading...

Back