Windows 10 Error upgrading from Windows 10 Pro x64 1607 to 1803 build

• Thread starter Thread starter Akbar Munir Chaudhary
  • Start date Start date
A

Akbar Munir Chaudhary

Hi,

I am currently using an Acer TravelMate laptop, which has 1607 Windows 10 Pro 64-bits up and running perfectly fine for over years now. With each new release of Windows 10, I try to update it to the next version, but every time same error pops up. Recently I tried my luck again by upgrading to 1803 build, but ran into same issue. Have searched a lot of forums, but unfortunately could not find any solution to this problem.

The laptop has 240GB Kingston SSD installed. I use the ISO file created through Windows Media Creator to upgrade. After few query screens, it says "Installing windows" and goes from 0% all the way to 100% and then reboots. During 1st reboot, it hangs there with only the progress circle displayed and that too stuck and not moving. So I have to force shutdown and restart the machine. This time the windows boots up properly, but it has by this time rolled back to the previous version (1607) automatically.

When the machine comes up after rolling back to 1607 build, error message pops up saying:

Windows 10 Setup

We couldn't install Windows 10 We've set you PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10.

0xC1900101 - 0x20017

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation.

Searching this on forums indicate that perhaps some driver is posing a conflict. But I am not sure which driver. The setupact.log and setuperr.log files from both Panther and Rollback folders, as well as xxxx_APPRAISER_HumanReadable.xml is also attached. Any help in deciphering this would be much appreciated.

Log Files --> https://1drv.ms/f/s!Au_PpBgT9KE-koYZgGNreNk2EVGMIw

I have already tried lots of other steps. That included doing a fresh install through USB boot and disconnecting all external peripheral devices, but it always fails in the same way.

Best Regards,

Akbar.

Continue reading...