Windows 10 Error while changing my son's birthdate to be a child account: "Your birthdate cannot be...

• Thread starter Thread starter Do not steal me
  • Start date Start date
D

Do not steal me

My son's account was set up as a standard Microsoft adult account. When I try to change his birthdate to be a child, I get this error:

Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time.

• He is already listed as in my family and shows in my Family list as an adult
  • I am not allowed to manage his account from my own account (because he's listed as an adult)
  • I have his login
  • While logged into his account, I am given the option to change his birthdate, but it doesn't work.
  • When I try to change the birthdate from within his account, I am given a prompt that I will be charged $0.50 to change his account into a child account.
  • I agree to the $0.50 charge.
  • Instead of updating his birthdate or asking for CC info, I get that error: Your birthdate cannot be updated at this time.
  • If I change his country to Canada, I can update the birthdate, but the account still isn't a child account (which is my entire goal)
  • If I try to change his country back to USA while keeping the correct birthdate, I get that same error above saying the birthdate cannot be updated at this time (even though I'm changing the country; not the birthdate).

Please help. I just want my son's account listed as a child account so I can manage his account and content restrictions. I have three children in my Family account. Two of which are showing as adults but are children.

How do I update my child's birthdate to convert his standard account into a child account?

Continue reading...

Back