Windows 10 Errors 0x80070005 and -2015294512 when trying to use Game Pass PC/Microsoft Store

• Thread starter Thread starter Maja._
  • Start date Start date
M

Maja._

Hi,

First of all, this has 3 issues in one post, but I believe they are all related to each other in some form.

I am running Windows 10 2004 build 19041.264, and everything is up to date.

I am using Windows Defender as my anti virus.

I recently tried using the Xbox Beta app for the first time in a while to play some Game Pass games (which worked fine about 2 weeks prior). I went to play Plague Tale and was met with error -2015294512.

I tried following the file path, but I was stopped at WindowsApps, where I'm denied access despite being the only user/administrator on my computer.

I then tried installing Dishonored 2, where I'm met with the message "Can't open app. Check the Windows Store for more info about Dishonored 2." The store's page gives no information as to why it won't run. The following message appears below the Play button, but I have admin access, my system specs are well above the recommended for the game, and I am running a current version of Windows 10.

I tried installing the Xbox Insider Hub to try Minecraft's raytracing, but the download stops at "Acquiring License" then gives me error 0x80070005. All other non-Microsoft apps give the same error too.

I apologize for including 3 errors in one post, but since all of this revolves around the Microsoft Store, I believe all of it to be connected in some way. All of this broke at the same time, so it could possibly be one problem causing all of this to happen. Additionally, games from Steam, Origin, Epic Games, etc. all launch and play perfectly fine.

To attempt to fix these issues, I have so far

-Restarted my PC

-Updated Windows

-Used the troubleshooter

-Confirmed that my PC's time is accurate

-Reset the Microsoft Store

-Reset the Xbox app

-Cleared the Store's cache using WSreset

-Reinstalled Gaming Services

-Re-registered the Microsoft Store

-Entirely reinstalled Windows 10, but kept files

Continue reading...