Windows 10 Ethernet connection drops after sleep mode and at random intervals, gives yellow triangle

• Thread starter Thread starter SlamActionman
  • Start date Start date
S

SlamActionman

Hello, first time using the forum so apologies in advance if I haven't supplied enough information!

A few weeks ago my connection began cutting out after starting my PC from sleep mode, displaying a yellow triangle in the taskbar. To reconnect I need to crawl under my desk, unplug the ethernet cable for 5~ seconds and then plug it back in, unplug the cable again and replug it. Doing it just once changes nothing. The issue is mostly reproducible but doesn’t always happen; the longer it is asleep the more likely for the issue to arise.

However sometimes the triangle appear on its own while I'm using the computer, disconnecting me the same way that sleep mode does. This happens about once a day at most (though not every day) and requires me to perform the steps above to fix it.

I've attempted to

-Uncheck the "Allow this computer to turn this device off to save power" box for the network adapter in Device Manager

-Disable Energy-Efficient Internet under Advanced for the network adapter in Device Manager

-Update the network adapter drivers (and even tried some old ones just in case)

-Try the ipconfig /renew and /flushdns commands

-Disable and re-enable the antivirus (Avast)

-Disable and re-enable the firewall

-Diagnose with the windows network diagnose tool/troubleshooter (Gave me a "Default Gateway not available")

-Try DISM.exe commands like /RestoreHealth etc.

-Perform a Network Reset

-Check the cables (hooked the ethernet cable to a laptop running Windows 10 and could not reproduce the problem at all)

-Change the DNS manuall to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

-Turn off Sleep Mode

-Look in the Event viewer (all I found was this https://i.imgur.com/zsKPZPe.png )

I really don’t want to reinstall Windows but I’m running out of options and don’t know what else to do.

Technical info:

Windows 10 Version 1809

Asus PRIME H310-Plus

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7 GHz

Network Adapter: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller (version 10.31.828.2018)

ISP: Bredband2

I live in a student corridor apartment so I have no control over anything beyond the ethernet outlet in my wall; the only thing I've connected is my computer however.

Continue reading...

Back