Windows 7 EVENT VIEWER (LOG)

• Thread starter Thread starter OtiliaBruck
  • Start date Start date
O

OtiliaBruck

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. When trying to access the Event Log I receive the same messages every time.

First:

EVENT VIEWER

MMC has detected an error in the snap-in and will unload it

• Report this error to Microsoft then, shut down the MMC.
  • Unload the Snap-in and continue running

OK

Second:

FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Exception type:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException

Exception stack trace:

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.FormView.InternalInitialize()

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.HandleInitializationRequest(IRequestStatus requestStatus)

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.View.ProcessRequest(Request request)

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.ViewMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request)

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Internal.IMessageClient.ProcessRequest(Request request)

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.RequestStatus.BeginRequest(IMessageClient messageClient, RequestInfo requestInfo)

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.SnapInRequestOperation.ProcessRequest()

at Microsoft.ManagementConsole.Executive.Operation.OnThreadTransfer(SimpleOperationCallback callback)

I have installed a new OS ( the same as what I had before) and I still receive the same messages when trying to access the Event Log.

Does this mean its a Hardware issue? I have recently replaced with new RAM and Motherboard with the same results every time.

Continue reading...

Back