Windows 10 Every shutdown considered kernel power 41, BSOD related?

• Thread starter Thread starter TheJokerPlays8
  • Start date Start date
T

TheJokerPlays8

Every time I shut down my computer and restart it (via the 'shutdown' command in the start menu) I get a Kernel Power critical error in my event viewer. This has seemingly no other negative effects, but seeing it's a critical error made me feel like I ought to ask around about it.

This is paired with a set of awfully vague BSOD's I've been getting while playing specific games. At seemingly random times. The shutdown goes as follows:

- Start up game

- Computer lags as a whole, however resource monitors show loads are well below the level my computer should be chugging. Nor is my internet at fault.

- After a minute or two, either explorer.exe crashes (I think it does. Everything turns black but I still see my mouse and occasionally a single application. Cntrl + alt + delete doesn't work and prompts me to restart my computer manually) Or I get a BSOD with one of the following errors:

Kernel Data Inpage Error
Msfs.SYS failed
System Service exception
Critical Process died

This is what I've done to troubleshoot so far:

- Reinstalled windows

- Ran every troubleshooter windows offers. Including CHKDSK /r on both my disks, DISM, SFC, memtest.

- Ran a stress-test on both my RAM and CPU (both passed with flying colors)

- Reinstalled the games that cause the crashes.

- Cleared my PC's dust and refitted components like RAM GPU etc making sure they're all snugly fit. Which they are.

- Checked PC's temperatures (normal, 40-55C at peak times when stress-testing)

- Did a clean reinstall of my video-drivers.

- Checked and updated drivers of every other device I could find on my PC. (Though I have no idea how to spot potentially corrupted drivers?)

- Checked my PC for viruses (windows defender + malwarebytes)

Long story short, I'm stumped.

Oddities I've noticed:

My PC started really winding up before it turns off when I give the shutdown command. It didn't used to do that. It takes an extra 1-2 minutes after the shutdown command, I can hear the harddrive spinning and then it shuts down as normal.

I'm also noticing there's no file upload option here so I'll upload my specs via links:

Event viewer: https://puu.sh/DptzJ/e534a04bab.7z

CPU-Z for specs & hardware info: https://puu.sh/DptBh/9c2389509b.7z

Thanks for helping!

Continue reading...