Windows 10 Explorer.exe crash loop after updating to windows-10-update-kb4579311

• Thread starter Thread starter LeisurelyBoss44
  • Start date Start date
L

LeisurelyBoss44

After the latest windows update, explorer.exe falls into a crash loop and with every restart (about half a second), however, the task bar is flashing while the screen is black, this resolves itself after a minute or two. However, this issue still persists after every restart/reboot. It's starting to become a nuisance.

Of course, I resorted to reverting the update via Startup repair and rolled back to the update prior to windows-10-update-kb4579311, everything works fine there.

However, windows has a update pause limit which unfortunately ended last night and now the updates are back. I have now decided to seek help from this forum and hopefully find a solution to this nightmare.

Upon investigating the Event viewer, I came across the error event (I have provided a screenshot of this error below for more clarification)

It seems to point out C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll as the culprit of the errors but after trying a few solutions others have found with the same issue as me, it just doesn't seem to work.

Here are some of the things that I did while attempting to solve the problem:
1) Clearing the quick access cache (didn't work)

2) Disabling startup programs (didn't work)
3) Updating windows to the recent update (didn't work, issue still persists)

Hardware information (if it's of any value):
Lenovo Y540
16GB Ram
Intel I7-9750H

Nvidia RTX 2060 (currently using this card for video instead of Intel)

Any support will be appreciated, if no solution is present I will have to roll back the update and wait for further help.

Continue reading...

Back