Windows 10 Explorer freezes when copying files to shared folder on 2019 DC

• Thread starter Thread starter Lars Nilsen
  • Start date Start date
L

Lars Nilsen

I have a weird issue where i can't copy files or folders to shared folders on our Windows Server 2019 DC from my Windows 10 1903 workstation.

When i try to copy files or folders into the shared folder on the 2019 DC it just hangs until i get a message about missing network connection to the shared folder.

I have also noticed that File Explorer takes some time to show the drives on the DC while the copying job is active

However, when i copy something from our other servers (2008r2 and 2012r2) to the 2019 DC there is no problem at all. Also when i copy from the W10 workstation to the other servers there are no issues...

I have tried making new test-shares with full read/write access for everyone and also for my user specifically.

I also tried making a shared folder directly on the Hyper-V host and i get the same problem.

The 2019 DC is a VM in Hyper-V with failover cluster.

The physical machine is a Lenovo SR530 with Server 2019.

Seems to me that something is up with the communication when it comes to W10 and Server 2019...

I wasn't able to choose Server 2019 under Windows version when posting this question so i put it under Windows 10

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Continue reading...

Back