Windows 10 External monitor connected through usb-c keeps disconnecting

• Thread starter Thread starter Peter Holodňák
  • Start date Start date
P

Peter Holodňák

Hi, I have a notebook HP pavilion power 15-cb012nc with 2 external monitors connected. One through HDMI (works fine) and the second through USB C port (USB C to HDMI).

The second monitor keeps getting disconnected. When I launch a game, it disconnected within a few minutes. Today it disconnected randomly while watching Youtube and running a virus scan on pc.

When this happens. the USB C port seems to be completely shut off (I tried connecting other devices, none of them working). I get no information about disconnecting the monitor (No windows disconnect sound), the monitor just loses signal and Windows keeps acting like it's still connected (I can move the mouse there for example).
After I reboot the PC, the USB C port starts working again.

I believe this is a Windows issue because I didn't experience it while running Ubuntu.

I have disabled "USB selective suspend setting" in power options and also disabled "Allow the computed to turn off this device to save power" for all USB hub devices in Device Manager in Power Management tab of the settings. I also have all windows updates installed.

Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 1050.
Integrated graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 630

Processor: Intel i7-7700HQ

16 GB RAM

Happy to provide additional information.

Continue reading...

Back