Windows 10 Fail to install group policy for Windows 10 home

• Thread starter Thread starter gswxp2
  • Start date Start date
G

gswxp2

Since i'm using Win 10 home, I need to install group policy by myself. According to the tutorial from the search engine, I create a bat and past code as followings and then run it as administrator.

pushd "%~dp0"

dir /b C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientExtensions-Package~3*.mum >List.txt

dir /b C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~3*.mum >>List.txt

for /f %%i in ('findstr /i . List.txt 2^>nul') do dism /online /norestart /add-package:"C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\%%i"

pause

I tried to do it last night, it worked well. For the installed group policy couldn't solve my problem, I did a windows restore to 31st March. This moring, I use the same method to install group policy again, but this time the last one of four things needs to install in the list goes wrong. Cmd says:

processing 1 (total 1) - Adding Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.18362.449

[==========================100.0%==========================]

error occured - Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package error:0x80070057

error: 87

It refered to the dism.log and that is uploaded in this link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar9ThATNJn1niC3QPo2lXQFGUNrs?e=aLva5T
How can I solve this problem? Or any other method to install group policy on a Win 10 home?

Continue reading...

Back