Windows 10 Failure of some websites and servers to load

• Thread starter Thread starter MalachiteFish
  • Start date Start date
M

MalachiteFish

Hello,

I've been experiencing some troubles related to searching certain websites or connecting to game servers. However, this is not universal. For instance, I'm able to connect to this site just fine, but other websites only show a white screen or may reveal part of the website. Even different google searches may work and some may not; changing one word may mean the difference between its ability to fully load, for whatever reason.

If it helps any, on websites that don't load, I checked for any console errors with "inspect element" and on those which do not load or only load partially, I found the error "err_incomplete_chunked_encoding" that occasionally has "200 (OK)" afterward. Not sure if this means anything, but it doesn't appear on websites that do load fully. This error appears every time the page fails to fully load, so I assume it has some relation to the problem.

This also occurs on other programs and other browsers. I experienced the above issues on Chrome first, but I also tested it on Internet Explorer and found the same issues. I cannot connect to EA servers on Apex Legends, for example, and I also cannot load some messages in Discord. I know this isn't a forum meant for those programs, but considering there seem to be sporadic problems across all internet-connected programs, I feel as though mentioning these issues is important.

Furthermore, this seems to be a client-side issue, as my iPhone 8 and Chromebook load the pages that weren't working on my computer just fine (including Discord).

The only noteworthy thing I did just before this issue started occurring was reinstalling NVIDIA GeForce Experience since it had an issue regarding a file (I can't remember exactly what error it was, I apologize, but it may have had something to do with a .dll file, so it could have been important). I uninstalled it with its uninstaller and then I reinstalled it. The version I uninstalled was from late last year or early this year I believe.

I'm not sure if it helps, but I have an ASUS GL553VD with Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050.

If you need any other information from me, let me know.

Thanks,

Reese

Continue reading...

Back