Windows 7 Family Safety Windows 10 - why does my 'child' have to accept being part of my 'family'?

• Thread starter Thread starter LMW_29
  • Start date Start date
L

LMW_29

In Windows 8, family safety was excellent. I could set my daughter's account up as a 'child' and easily set curfews and time limits.

In Windows 10, I had to 'invite' her to be part of the family. Luckily I had her e-mail password, so I could 'accept' this request. Looking at that e-mail request, it says that (she) could remove herself from being a family member at any time - therefore thwarting the curfews and time limits. I deleted the e-mail after I 'accepted' on her behalf. Hopefully she won't figure out for a while how to 'remove' herself.

I want specify that I am only referring to the family PC here, not her iPad, and I'm not monitoring usage, nor blocking sites. I basically just want to limit screen time, and have her go to bed on time, especially school nights.

So, I am sure this is OK if one has younger children that are compliant. But when one has a rebellious, sneaky, intelligent teenager, it makes it really difficult as a parent to these put boundaries in place. Especially when it was so easy before. Why was it changed?

Continue reading...

Back