Windows 7 Feeling Disheartened and Cheated with New version of MS Windows and Office

• Thread starter Thread starter RAPHIDE and CYSTOLITH
  • Start date Start date
R

RAPHIDE and CYSTOLITH

I was saving money from past 6 years to buy genuine product key for Windows 7 and Office 2007 for my home and study PC in which I maintain a long-term, systematic library of photographs for nature and taxonomy.

Recently microsoft stopped all support for Windows 7 and Office 2007, and forcing to buy the newer versions Windows 10 and Office 16.

While I was seeing Windows 10 and office 7 to run on someone Else' computer; I WAS SHOCKED.

In the newer versions Microsoft did DELETERIOUS acts. They removed the PAINT-2D from MS-Windows (and replaced it with PAINT-3D) and they removed MICROSOFT OFFICE PICTURE MANAGER. And there is now NO better alternative of MS office Picture Manager. Both MS Paint and MS Office Picture manager were very simple to use, yet very powerful, multi-purpose and multi-format.

Also the new MS Office lacks the BLACK THEME, lacks the contrast of buttons, scales, etc; lack a lot of classic fonts. And it is not as user-friendly as Older office. And it forces the user to go online for various basic purpose and requires sign-in for everything like smartphones.

Also Windows 7 is horribly unfriendly to the user. It does not have a desktop in true sense, but have a strange, cluttered home screen filled with weird big boxes. It does not show the folder path upon the folder, and navigation and control is difficult. It is deep-blue colour everywhere and NO or Lesser customisation or Personalisation on appearance.

I don't really know what other tampering gone inside; but I really really feel it like buying a malware in exchange of money.

I will wait to purchase genuine product key UNTIL AND UNLESS I obtain ALL of the following functionality:

1. MS OFFICE PICTURE MANAGER with ALL of its older functionalities, and support for ALL raster image file formats.

2. MS PAINT (OLD, 2D) with ALL of its older functionalities, including FILE FORMAT CONVERSION, TRANSPARENT CUT-PASTE, CUT-PASTE FROM ONE-IMAGE TO ANOTHER.

3. MouseKeys assistive technology, as it is in Windows-7. (Important)

4. Snipping Tool with Multi-Format support.

5. Audio Recorder tool, as it is in Windows-7

6. Windows Media player, as-it-is in Windows-7, with manual Equaliser, "(Oscillo) Scope" visualisation and Support for MIDI files.

7. Scientific Calculator, as it is in Windows-7.

8. WORDPAD and WRITE.EXE as it is in Windows-7.

9. Character Map, it is in Windows-7.

10. Black theme for MS office as-it-is in OFFICE 2007 ---> (Top Left Round button) ---> Word Options ----> Colour Schemes ----> BLACK.

11. Personalisation options AS IT WAS in Windows-7, including SERIF-fonts, large text, contrasting buttons, Window Borders, Scroll Bars title bars, menu bars, etc. ; WINDOWS CLASSIC THEMEs and HIGH-CONTRAST THEMES, and Customisation of COLOURS, Preferably LESS BLUE and MORE YELLOW, ORANGE, RED AND BROWN. Ways to Broaden the scroll bars

12. Easy way to see FOLDER PATH, FILE PATH/ADDRESS, Current Location, Open File location, Forward and Backward buttons, etc; as it was in Windows-7.

13. Icons and thumbnails display and selection manner as-it-is on Windows-7. Extra-large, Large, Grid, List, Detailed, etc. And file and folder selection by CLICK-AND-DRAG to select items as well option for CHECK-BOX to SELECT ITEMS.

14. Support for running in LEGACY INTEL DESKTOP BOARD, LEGACY INTEL PROCESSOR, Low-speed RAM, and required DRIVER FILES for them.

15. Support for creating or re-creating 3 or more Partitions for Hard-disk; not dynamic partition but logical partition.

16. Support for 32-BIT Windows-7 Programmes.

17. More sign-up-free and OFFLINE functionalities.

Until and Unless you are able to provide back all these functionalities, please do not bother me with pop-ups and other disruptions.

NOTE: I have financial problems... I have autism, and I am unemployed after passing-out the university, because I was focused laser-sharp in specific area but could not pick-up a litlle bit from multiple areas, and I'm a bad scorer. I'm wannabe taxonomist. I do very bad score in mandatory research-entrance exams in my country, due to my deficit of short-term-working-memory, bad score in typical IQ tasks and verbose questions. I can not run a parallel job while studying for these exams, due to my problems in task switching and set-shifting. And also while studying for these competitive exams my focussed areas getting weaker. I'm stuck in a tight situation; and I can't ensure when I'll be able to fix a source of income.

Continue reading...