Windows 10 File properties, windows update, windows defender, sfc scannow not working

• Thread starter Thread starter Sandeep_Gupta97
  • Start date Start date
S

Sandeep_Gupta97

Hello,

I am experiencing lots of problem from the past two weeks as in the subject.

1)First I noticed that the file(or folder) properties were not working.(Only the properties of "this pc" were opening. sub-properties are also not working). Its not working in safe mode either. So, I looked it up on the internet. That is when I came to know of other problems.

2)I cannot run the command "sfc /scannow". It displays Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. It displayed the same error in safe mode.

3)The windows update in not installing as I am getting 0x8000ffff error for 2020-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4565483).

4)
Windows defender is not opening. Windows security is opening and virus and threat detection is working.(I guess they are the same but on typing "windows defender" in the start search bar, there is an option for it with the same name but a general file icon, and another option for windows security. So I guess they are different).

5)I tried resetting the pc in Setting>update and security>recovery>reset this pc. The reset would start and only after 1% stop and give a message that "the process could not be completed and settings will be restored", and restart.

6)Earlier I was having start-up problems with a message "could not repair this pc" after which I had to go to advanced options and continue to open the laptop. This problem has fairly decreased.

I have tried:

1)
uninstalling the antivirus "Kaspersky security cloud" but nothing has changed.

2)DISM and trusted installer command are working but not solving the issues.

3)Scan the pc normally and by windows defender offline(accessible through windows security, windows defender dialog box is still not opening).

4)Installed shellxview to find if problem is due to any shell extension.

Please provide a solution. I cannot go to any stores for repair due to the lockdown and I need to access properties to even continue working without solving the other problems.

I am using a 64-bit operating system, x64 based processor. Also, I am not facing any performance issues other than slow startup. My best guess is that a few important system files are deleted due to which certain services are not working. They are not affecting the working of other operation.

Continue reading...

Back