Windows 10 Fn+Esc and Function Keys No Longer Working on Asus Zenbook 13 UX333FA

• Thread starter Thread starter gretchen321
  • Start date Start date
G

gretchen321

I purchased my Asus Zenbook UX333FA a few months ago and have had little to no problems with it. My Function keys worked perfectly fine - for instance, F1 would toggle mute, F7 would toggle backlit keyboard, etc.. In addition to this, the Fn+Esc toggle shortcut worked as well.

Just today, after closing my laptop for a while and returning, I realized that my Fn keys were now multimedia keys, and I needed to hold down Fn in order for the Fn keys to work (though F6 - F10 no longer work). This has happened to me before, but all I needed to do was use the Fn+Esc shortcut to toggle back to Function keys. Now, the Fn+Esc shortcut no longer works either, so I appear to be stuck with multimedia keys, which is a huge hindrance to me. I can't even turn on my backlit keyboard anymore.

I've tried accessing the BIOS settings but couldn't find a configuration tab. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard drivers. None of these seemed to work. Any help is appreciated. I just need to return to the Function keys because multimedia keys are quite the bother as of now. Thank you very much.

Continue reading...

Back