Windows 10 Fonts & icons ON A SINGLE PROGRAM are much too tiny!

• Thread starter Thread starter Jon Cohen
  • Start date Start date
J

Jon Cohen

I have poor eyesight. My old eyes simply can't see small things.

I have a new laptop which has a hefty resolution of 3840 x 2160 (recommended). I have the "Change the size of text..." setting at 250% (also recommended). Under the Ease of Access Display settings, I've tweaked the size of fonts just a little bit bigger.

All this works great. I can read the text in my browsers & in applications like Excel or Word. The menu items are of a decent size. The various icons are sized just the way I like it.

Except for one application: SmartPSS, which is software used to display my security camera image.

The camera image looks fine, but everything else in the SmartPSS window is microscopic -- that includes all text, icons, menu items, and even the windows edges (for resizing the images). I use the Magnifier set at 300% and even then the menu items in SmartPSS are too small to read easily.

I don't want to mess with my overall display settings because all other applications look great. Is there a way to create "exception" settings for a single app?

I note that when I right-click on the desktop icon for SmartPSS & choose Properties --> Compatibility there is a "Change High DPI Settings", but I can't figure this out. Any help?

Here's a screen shot of SmartPSS overlaying the Display Settings window. I can easily read the display settings, but look at the icons in the upper & lower right of the SmartPSS window -- also look at the menu on the left side of the SmartPSS window. They are microscopic.

Continue reading...

Back