Windows 10 Forced Windows 10 updates causing multiple issues. Again. Mouse, system font, itunes font, date display, and language selection issues so far.

• Thread starter Thread starter ElectronicFog
  • Start date Start date
E

ElectronicFog

I had modified the registry a long time ago to prevent forced installation of Windows 10 updates, as they had brought me nothing but issues and the opposite of "updates" in apps like the calculator. It nevertheless has been restarting my computer and installing updates without my consent these past days, and it's been one issue after the next ever since. One I had experienced before. The rest were new:

1. My mousepad was again rendered unusable after the updates. If it moved it would skip all over the place and not obey click commands. I've had to reinstall the drivers twice now.

2. During a game, the "left" key would sometimes get stuck so the screen would continuously scroll to the left. I have not tested this again.

2. I dragged a font to the "drag and place to install" box in the Font settings. It immediately replaced the previous system font with this one. I then chose the old font back but it displays the text overlapped in some places (desktop icons) and cut off in others (date/time display in toolbar).

3. The font in my itunes is now bold. Very bold.

4. It has changed the date display in my system files from DD/MM/YYYY to MM/DD/YYYY.

5. It prevented me from typing in Japanese Katakana when using the shift key in Google Translator. I then saw it was bypassing my installed Google Japanese Input in my language selection (alt+shift) and instead was choosing the Windows Japanese Microsoft IME, which obviously does not support typing in Katakana with the shift key. This has resolved for now and it chooses the Google Japanese Input over the Microsoft IME when choosing the language with alt+shift.

6. It modified the cropping in the Photos viewer app so now it is more difficult to click on the edges of the picture to drag to crop it, and after resizing the picture the right side sometimes gets blocked under the menu to the right, so you cannot visualize the cropping to the right and can cut off more than you wanted in the picture. The "edit and create" button has been pushed to the right by the "search the web with this image" button. Because of course, that's the option most people want to have more readily available (easy to click) on the screen when looking at a picture; "search the web with this image"...

I would appreciate any help specifically for the font issue in the system and itunes. But what I would most appreciate would be if Microsoft could stop installing, by force, things that only take away features from applications, difficult their use, and disturb system settings and functionality.

Stop messing with my computer.

Continue reading...

Back