Windows 10 Frequent BSOD due to Qcamain10x64.sys (Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver) happening without an obvious trigger

• Thread starter Thread starter Thresh Avery
  • Start date Start date
T

Thresh Avery

I've been getting a bluescreen error now for 2 months (sometimes 2-3 times a day, other times it doesn't happen for nearly a week) without any clear trigger. It can happen whilst I'm working, web browsing or during gaming.

When i've checked the minidump files in BlueScreenView it appears that Qcamain10x64.sys in my WINDOWS\system32\drivers directory is the culprit, but I don't know what to do to fix it.

I've gone through the usual steps of letting all outstanding Windows Updates download and install (I always keep them up to date anyway) and also trying to update the drivers on my Network Adapters in Device Manager, but they all claim to be the latest version, so i'm a bit stuck.

I'm running an Alienware 17 R2 laptop with 16GB RAM.

As my laptop originally came with Windows 8.1, there used to be a second minidump location in a folder called "Old Windows" (iirc), where the crashes from August to mid-September where located, but I can no longer find it so I assume the latest Windows Update must have removed or relocated these files.

I've attached a zip file to One Drive of the crashes in the WINDOWS\Minidump folder here for anyone that's able to read and diagnose them:

Minidump files

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for any assistance you can spare!

Continue reading...

Back