Windows 10 Frequent BSODs, new build - ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F45A0)

• Thread starter Thread starter GrzegorzGniadek
  • Start date Start date
G

GrzegorzGniadek

Hello guys,

I'm looking for some help with my newly upgraded computer; at this stage, it's effectively a new build, as I am trying a fresh SSD with a new Windows 10 Pro installation.

Below a list of key hardware:
PCPartPicker part List: System Builder

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 37.8 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock X570 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX/TB3 Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Founders Edition Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply
Case Fan: Noctua A12x15 PWM 55.44 CFM 120 mm Fan
Monitor: Asus ROG Strix XG248Q 23.8" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor
Monitor: Xiaomi XM700001 34.0" 3440x1440 144 Hz Monitor
Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless Wireless Optical Mouse
Custom: OWC Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock
Custom: LINKUP - Ultra PCIe 4.0 X16 Riser Cable Twin-axial Vertical Mount Gaming PCI Express Gen4 2020 | Straight Socket {25 cm} 3.0 Gen3 & TT Compatible
Custom: LOUQE Ghost S1 MkIII - Silver

I can't get it to a stable state; I'm getting BSODs every couple of minutes and the machine is currently not much more than a pretty, but somewhat overpriced paperweight.

I'm going to provide you with a crash dump analysis below, as well as links to my latest dump files. For the purposes of clarity, I'm going to include the steps I've taken thus far. Anything else is currently above my paygrade, and, I exhausted both my knowledge and google-fu skills at this point:

1. Hardware is running at stock values (no overclock, no XMP, UEFI defaults loaded).
  2. The motherboard is running the latest BIOS which at the time of writing this is ver.2.7.0
  3. Latest drivers and Windows Updates are installed (with the exception of currently optional KB4580364) that became available to me during the last few days for the simple reason that the computer cannot maintain stability, even if left to sit on its own for long enough to download the update).
  4. I used the latest available drivers as per Iobit's Driver Booster application (in order to save time on having to manually search for, check and apply drivers). During this "run" I took extra steps to reboot after installing each driver from the list and run the computer for a while to see whether it had any effect on the BSODs. This extra effort did not result in much extra time wasted, as the BSODs are numerous and frequent:).
  5. I had purposefully not installed any antivirus software. Any software installed by me on this machine (which includes even the Chrome browser, I mean ANY in the most literal sense here) has been added after the steps above, and I had not noticed and increase or further decrease in system stability. It still pretty much crashed every couple of minutes.
  6. I had run the following checks:
    • Extended Memory test - no errors found, two passes
    • Elevated admin console:
      • SFC /scannow - no errors
      • DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth - no errors
      • DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - completed, no issues
  7. Another problem I am having is that I cannot upload anything larger than 1MB to any platform, be it onedrive or google drive. I had to move to my laptop to upload the *.DMP files below:
    • Items Shared on 06-11-2020
      • Please note that I had approx six crashes not recorded in the dump files whilst trying to post this (before I resigned to my laptop;). That's between 14:18 GMT at the time of writing and 12:31 GMT as recorded in the Crash Dump Analysis attached.

That's all I can offer for now, please let me know if there is any more date I can help you with.

Continue reading...