Windows 10 Frequent Crashes/BSODs With No Identifiable Pattern or Cause

• Thread starter Thread starter chessie2003
  • Start date Start date
C

chessie2003

The computer I'm using now is the first one I ever built - I completed it about two years ago. For many months now I've had frequent crashes with no identifiable cause. There doesn't seem to be a correlation between RAM-intensive activities and crashes. Sometimes I'll only have a couple crashes in a whole day, sometimes I have four within 15 minutes. About half the time I'll get a BSOD and my computer will restart itself. The BSOD error messages are inconsistent, I've listed the most common ones below:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

The other half of the time my computer will just freeze and become unresponsive. Sometimes it'll restart itself, but most of the time I have to manually shut down the computer with the power button on the tower. If I have my speakers turned on when the computer freezes they make a horrible screeching noise.

About a month ago a friend suggested I test my RAM, so I ran MemTest86 for a full 24 hours. It returned with no errors. I cleaned the inside of my computer with compressed air and re-seated the RAM sticks. I have confirmed they're in the correct slots. I've also suspected a failing power supply, but I don't know how to confirm it before I attempt a lengthy return process. I've also checked many times to confirm that all of my drivers are up to date.

I'm fully aware that I'll need to try to multiple things to diagnose my crashing problem, but I don't know how to go about this methodically. Any help this forum can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Specs:
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/S2XKHhSwt1K6v6oJ1zsi62k

Continue reading...