Parameter 2: fffff8016b10372c
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 2774
OS version: 10_0_19042
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 4105

Been waiting a few months with this issue before finally giving up on my own. My computer was dropped about 3 months ago and about 1-2 weeks later I started to notice the computer crashing randomly. Now that I have encountered the crash well over 100 times, I can give some background on the cause.

What Happens: Screen goes black and either/both the gpu/cpu fan engages at 100%. Physically restarting pc fixes issue. I used to think it was the gpu for sure, but upon further reflection I think it may be the cpu, as I have left it on in this state for some time and the case never gets hot. My gpu (rtx 2080) gets hot really, really fast if it's being used by a game. So if it is the gpu, it's not getting even slightly hot.

Trigger : There seems to be absolutely no trigger for the crash. If you leave windows idle it will crash eventually. Usually within about an hour or two - sometimes in a manner of seconds. It seems extremely unpredictable.

Troubleshooting : At first I thought it was my primary hard drive as windows became corrupt around the same time. They turned out to be unrelated as I've replaced the hard drive and the issue has not changed at all. Still crashes just the same. I have reinstalled windows four times now on three different drives, and the issue remains as it did the first time.

Hope someone can help - thank you!

Continue reading...

Back