Windows 10 Fresh install of Windows 10 pro did not alleviate the thousands of administrative errors I am seeing in Event viewer.

• Thread starter Thread starter greywolf#vcn.com
  • Start date Start date
G

greywolf#vcn.com

I just bought a downloadable copy of Windows 10 Pro directly from Microsoft.

I do not have a license key code as I upgraded long ago from Windows 7 Pro.

I am installing it on an ASUS CM1855 computer with an M5A97 EVO motherboard. It is about 8 years old but, having a 3.3Ghz CPU, it still does the job.

There is nothing wrong with the hardware, and Linux runs fine from another Hard drive.

Microsoft tells me I have a 'digital license' that I was given because of my previous upgrading from Windows 7 Pro (about 7 years ago.)

After I did an in place upgrade to Win 10 Pro, I noticed that my event viewer was suddenly full of administrative errors. as well as thousands of errors in all the other sections of event viewer.

So I did a complete fresh install of Windows 10 Pro By using Microsoft's 'MediaCreationTool1909.exe' to create my installation media. Then I deleted ALL the existing partitions of Drive C: and repartitioned it for the install, and then I then let the Windows 10 Installer do its thing.

After Windows 10 Pro was finished installing itself, many of my previous desktop settings like color, and themes, were back again. I did not expect that.

Unfortunately, all of the administrative errors were again being generated in event viewer as they were also back.

The fresh install of Windows 10 Pro did NOT fix anything!

This can only be happening because Microsoft is storing my settings, or something else in the cloud.

So Microsoft, just how do I install a CLEAN copy of the 'Windows 10 Pro' that I just paid $99 for?

I want to put it onto the same PC, but I want to install it without WITTHOUT all of my previous customizations following me around. How do I do this?

Continue reading...

Back