Windows 10 Full Charge Capacity on Battery Incorrect, Battery Dies at 70%

• Thread starter Thread starter J. R
  • Start date Start date
J

J. R

I recently replaced the battery in my laptop a few weeks ago, and the full charge capacity value in a generated Battery report is exceptionally higher than the design capacity. As seen in the included screenshots, the battery is manufactured for 38,000 mWh while the Full Capacity is 130,000 mWh, and viewing the recent usage logs shows that the battery dies at around 93,000 mWh, which is a 38,000 difference. This results in my laptop suddenly dying (no proper shutdown) once a certain percentage is met, which is near 60-70%, though the battery life is very reasonable, at 2-3 hours. Is there any way to strictly reset or manually configure full charge capacity for the battery so that I have reasonable thresholds?

I have viewed practically every thread regarding this issue and have tried the following with no success:

Battery calibration - When computer is turned on immediately after dying it still thinks battery is in 60-70% threshold range.

Windows/Acer Diagnostics - Both do not identify any issues with battery.

Driver Updates/Disabling and Re-enabling Devices/Windows Update - Do not work.

I will consider clean installs and BIOS updates as last resorts as they are time-consuming and I need this laptop for work.

I am using an Acer Aspire E5-575G.

Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back