Windows 10 Getting Large amount of ads from a Download website and can't get rid of them

• Thread starter Thread starter AnnePontillo
  • Start date Start date
A

AnnePontillo

I recently searched for a program called WinUndelete and found it. There was a link to download the program, which took me to the website www.qpdownload.com. I installed the program WinUndelete from that site. Almost immediately, even before I was able to open the program and check it out, I started getting a large amount of ads from the download website. I was getting like 10 at a time.

On their website, I found info that said if I removed the program the ads would stop. But they have not stopped. They have a Contact Us link on their site which shows the email address as support [at] qpdownload.com, which obviously does not work, so I changed it to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and sent a message, but it gave me a error.

I then tried to do several things to try to get these ads to stop. I searched my Registry for any entries containing QPDownload, I found one and deleted it. Still getting the ads. Next I searched my hard drive for entries of QPdownload and found one, which I deleted. I then restarted my computer. I am still getting these ads (they are like notifications that come out in the lower right-hand corner of my screen), but now it is 4 in a row quickly, then it pauses for a few minutes and I get 4 more. How can I get this rogue ad program off my laptop?

I would really appreciate any help with this problem. I have worked with computers for more than 20 years, and I still can't get a handle on this problem.

Thanks,

Anne P.

Continue reading...

Back