Windows 10 Getting rid of irritating new File Explorer feature

• Thread starter Thread starter Wob
  • Start date Start date
W

Wob

I have been using versions of Windows for many years. Recently Windows to appears to have introduced a new feature in File Explorer which I find quite irritating. It concerns the way the contents of folders are displayed.

When opening a folder in File Explorer there have been for years different ways of viewing the contents such as seeing icons, list, or details and to sort them by name, date, type etc. I'm very happy with those options. But a new additional way of displaying has been recently introduced which I find quite irritating. It groups the files by today, last day, last week, last month, etc. I find this grouping completely useless and makes finding individual files more difficult for me. Unfortunately I cannot find any way of getting rid of this irritating grouping and putting all the files back together into a single group and then displaying it as has traditionally been done. I can then display them using the the other options which have been available for many years.

Can someone please tell me how to do this so I no longer see this useless today, last day, last week, last month, etc grouping of files in my File Explorer?

Continue reading...

Back