Windows 10 Half of my desktop icons have disappeared and all of my downloads and other PC files are gone.

• Thread starter Thread starter Logan Dunham
  • Start date Start date
L

Logan Dunham

Hi there,

I woke up this morning to my computer being on, which was odd because I know I had turned it off safely and correctly the night before. I don't think anything of it and figure we may have lost power because of a storm, get up and open up the computer to everything being fine. Nothing is missing. I shut down the computer normally and leave my room. Come back not even an hour later and turn my computer back on and it's showing me a blank user icon with a stock wallpaper. I was confused but it allowed me to sign in with my password so I get in and am met with the basic windows 10 wallpaper, half of my desktop icons deleted, and an almost empty taskbar. All my display settings had been set to default and my download, pictures, desktop, almost entire library is empty. I let it be and restarted it a few times...nothing. I started getting all my stuff re downloaded and everything was looking to be better, just empty. Tried a system recovery, thought that would work and tried to go back a few days to when everything was working but it gave me errors three times and sent me right back to square one, empty files with half my game icons gone. Someone please help, i lost so much school work and I am an online student and can't afford to be TOO late on my assignments.

Thank you for your time.

Continue reading...

Back