Windows 10 Has MS fixed the mouse double-click issue introduced recently?

• Thread starter Thread starter dd992
  • Start date Start date
D

dd992

In the last month or two a Microsoft update has introduced an issue with Mouse double-clicking.

It's happening on single clicks. I have two Windows 10 machines that use different mice and it's happening on both.

I've gone into the control panel -> mouse settings and have tried clicking in the double-click test box and changed it to fast (so that I really have to click very rapidly to get a double click). I then repeatedly single-clicked with a 3 second gap between clicks. There's no way I should be triggering a double click, but every now and then it does.

The reason I tried this is because during general usage I'm seeing it happening at least once a minute. So I'll single-click on something to perhaps highlight it and it'll double-click instead and launch it (or whatever action is appropriate).

It started sometime in the last few months, on both machines. I doubted my mouse hardware, my settings, etc until I realized it was happening on both machines and NEVER on the Mac I also have (so it's not me having shaky fingers or something).

A quick trip down google lane with "windows double click" shows that it's a very popular complaint currently. Are Microsoft investigating this?

Continue reading...