Windows 10 Have to manually switch my WiFi connection on every day

• Thread starter Thread starter finlandsberet
  • Start date Start date
F

finlandsberet

Hello!

A few days ago I had a slight hiccup with my device; it disconnected from the WiFi, and had the message "wireless capability is turned off". I did some looking around and found the solution; now my device works perfectly fine.

The only thing is, whenever I first start my device up in the morning, it has disconnected itself from the WiFi, and I have to connect it; it only happens the first time I switch it on, and it works fine after that for the day.

The thing there is, I always have it set to "connect automatically when in range".

I've had a look again at the solution I used the first time around, and I'm wondering if I have to click the box I disabled the last time to get things working again. For reference, here's what I did to fix it first time around:

1. I went in to "View network connections"

2. I right-clicked my WiFi connection and chose "Properties", then "Configure"

3. Under "Power Management", I deselected "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

That's the guide I followed, and it seems to have worked. The only trouble now is as I mentioned above; if I were to look at my network connections now and right-click the WiFi, it says "Disable", so clearly it's working since it's enabled/on.

Is there a way to stop it from disconnecting from the WiFi the first time I switch my device on? I can still get it to connect, but it should already be connected when I switch it on, as it used to be. It's only a small nuisance, and it connects to the internet when I make it. Should I just leave everything as it is in that case?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Just to clarify, it only happens the first time I switch my device on; if it were to freeze/crash, and I reset or switch it off then on again, the WiFi is totally fine. It's just that for that first time every day, the wireless icon looks like the disconnected icon. I can still get to the list of connections and reconnect to my router. I'd just like to know if there's a way to stop this "disconnected" thing from happening, or if I should just leave things as they are since I can get my device to connect anyway. I'd rather not mess around and lose connection for good.

Continue reading...