Windows 10 Having a heck of a time with my Microsoft account

• Thread starter Thread starter Kelsy HB
  • Start date Start date
K

Kelsy HB

Some backstory...

• I had a Skype account before they were acquired by Microsoft. I signed up for this with my old Yahoo email. We're going to call this Yahoo Skype.
  • I accidentally created a new Microsoft/Skype account with my new(er) Gmail address when I couldn't log into Yahoo Skype and was in a time crunch (needed Skype ASAP). We'll call this one Gmail MS/Skype.
  • I'm really OCD about only having one account for a website/am deleting old, unused accounts. I wanted to delete my Yahoo email, so I tried to change my Yahoo Skype email address to my Gmail. It wouldn't let me since I'd created that Gmail MS/Skype account.
  • I deleted my Gmail MS/Skype account and waited the XX days until it was permanently deleted. Then I changed my Yahoo Skype account to a full Microsoft account with my Gmail address.

That was a lot of hoops to jump through, but I thought everything was fine. Right?

No.

Now...

• I can log in to my Microsoft account just fine when in a web browser. I verified my Gmail address is my primary alias.
  • I CANNOT log in to my Microsoft account on my Windows PC. When I enter my Gmail address, it tells me the account does not exist.
  • When I enter my Skype name and put in my password, I get "Oops, something went wrong. This service isn't available right now--please try again later."

At this point, I'm wondering if my best bet is to delete my account AGAIN and re-create it after the XX days are up.

Why is this so difficult?

Continue reading...

Back