Windows 10 Having serious issues with finding hard drive in diskpart using windows 10 (x64 x86) installation disc.

• Thread starter Thread starter Christian Kraemer
  • Start date Start date
C

Christian Kraemer

So I have been working on a friend's laptop for a few days that experienced an error while updating that gave her a BSOD. I tried every troubleshooting feature possible in the advanced options, and the computer was not recognizing anything... no recovery image, and no updates to uninstall. On the first day, I had made the decision to completely format the drive using diskpart on CMD after my friend told me there wasn't anything worth saving on it.

Looking back, I believe formatting was the mistake I made, because since then, I cannot find the drive in diskpart whatsoever. I can see the drive when I try to install windows and select load driver (which gives me nothing, no drivers at all, even with x64 x86) in the program files labeled X: Boot. I figured it must be something with the drive handshake, so I went into diskpart using my windows media tool with Windows 10 (x64 x86), and it was only recognizing the usb stick. I tried selecting volumes and partitions and still nothing. All previous troubleshooting forums seemed to fix their problems at this point, but the drive is still completely unrecognized. When I go into the BIOS, I can see the HDD under UEFI.

Last night, I tried starting with advanced boot options and selected disable Driver Signature Enforcement, because earlier that night, I was able to find the drive using this answer from a different question on this forum.

Open up the Command console in Windows 10 using the Installation disc.

1. type in cd c:\ and press Enter

2. then type in fixboot c:\ and press Enter

3. then type in sfc /scannow and press Enter

4. then type in chkdsk /f and press Enter

cd
    will change the active directory to the c:\ drive
    fixboot will automatically fix any startup problems.
    sfc /scannow will look for any corrupted or missing system files and replace them.
    chkdsk will scan for disk errors and repair them.

If the above doesn't work. do the following..
For System Recovery use C:\Windows\System32>rstrui.exe
or Directly fire this Command rstrui.exe i.e. c:\rstrui.exe

Disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed after that date are removed.

Link to thread: windows 10 crash x: drive

When I used this, CMD gave me this

There must be a way to get past this write protection without removing the hard drive and plugging it into my laptop using disk management and make a healthy partition. Is there a path I can take in CMD to isolate the drive and make a healthy partition and/or get through whatever remnants there are of bitlocker? I have the product key, but no place to put it, not since I formatted the drive.

The laptop in question is an HP Pavilion x360m Convertible Model: 14m-dw1023dx Product ID: 1F4W5UA#ABA

Continue reading...

Back