Windows 10 HDMI Display causes BSOD, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

• Thread starter Thread starter CS20
  • Start date Start date
C

CS20

Hello,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this. The HDD on my Dell Inspiron 5570 (Win64) failed recently, so I replaced it with an SSD and reinstalled Windows 10. Everything has been working fine until I tried to connect my laptop to the HDMI port on my TV and use it as an extended monitor. When I first plugged it in via HDMI cable, it displayed properly as a mirrored display. When I switched over to extend in the project menu however, the laptop display flashed on and off several times before displaying the BSOD screen. On it was "Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" and "What failed: igdkmd64.sys".

After researching the issue, I tried updating my graphics driver (Intel UHD Graphics 620), rolling it back to a previous version, and uninstalling and reinstalling from Intel's website (all while restarting in between) without any luck. When that didn't work, I also ran a CHDSK and system check of sfc from command prompt, but ended up with the same results. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to repeat the initial success I had with the project mode set to display, as it crashes regardless of what mode it is in before I plug into the HDMI port.

Here is a link to a zip file in my Google Drive containing several BSOD MiniDump files, system information, and other computer information from Speccy (in the form of a Speccy file and XML). Please let me know if you need any other information, or if you have any suggestions.

Again, thank you so much!

Continue reading...