Windows 10 Help with Win 10 Home restore from USB giving error (Error shown in this message text)

• Thread starter Thread starter Event2020
  • Start date Start date
E

Event2020

Intel Core i7-10750H (6 cores / 12 threads)

2 x 16GB Module DDR4 SODIMM 2666Mhz C18 VENGEANCE

17" Full HD (1920 x 1080) screen

VIDIA GeForce GTX1650 graphics card

Samsung 500GB NVMe OS drive

Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB M.2 NVMe

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5” SATA 3D Nand SSD/Solid State Drive

I think the bare chassie comes from a company called Clevo

The product listing stated it came with Windows 10 Home Advanced preinstalled but I have found out from these forums that this version does not exist so I hope it is Windows 10 Home
17" Pro Audio Studio Laptop - 3XS

Hi all

A few weeks ago I purcahsed a rather expensive custom built laptop from a systems builder here in the UK.

I was trying to install a program, Cubase Pro 11, which uses an eLicenser with drivers (all legit and freshly purchased) and the eLicenser drivers kept causing the install to freeze. I believe Bitdefender was causing this.

I contacted the Cubases tech support and we tried a few things and the upshot was to perform a restore of Windows using the restore USB supplied with the laptap. Then with a clean/fresh install of windows try to install Cubase 11.#

However the restore app gives an error and now the laptop will not boot at all. The company, Scan, are ignoring all of my emails asking for tech support so thats why I am here.

This is the process I am trying.

Boot to the laptops BIOS and select the restore USB as the boot device.

This appears to boot to a windows setup program so I make the launguage and keyboard layout selections and I am then given a choice of 11 different Windows 10 editions to choose from (Windows 10 Home Advanced is not one of them), so I select Windows 10 Home.

I am then asked where I want to install Windows so I select Drive 2 as that is the only one show to be 451. GB (my system drive is 500 GB and the the others are 1 TB).

So that it is a completely fresh install I delete all partitions on the system drive, then create new. This creates 3 partitions, System 95.0 MB, MSR (Reserved) 16.0 MB and Primary 465.0 GB. I then select Format on the Primary and when complete I click Next.

Windows then starts installing.

It then changes from the install screen to a "Getting ready" screen with the rotating circle of dots and then the Windows Setup error box pops up.

This is the exact text:

Windows could not parse or process the unattended answer file for pass (specialize). The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing settings for component (Microsoft-Windows-Shell-

On the error message box there are two options, a yes button or the little red button with a X in the top right corner.

If I click on the OK button the laptop reboots and brings up the error again.

If I click on the little red button with a X the laptop reboots and brings up the error again.

Can anyone suggest what I can do?

Many thanks.

Continue reading...

Back