Windows 10 High CPU usage caused by System process. Is my PC infected ?

• Thread starter Thread starter FujiTD
  • Start date Start date
F

FujiTD

So I have a new MSI GF63 laptop.

About 1 - 2 days ago, I noticed the laptop is a little overheated although at the time, I didn't play games or run any heavy softwares. When I opened Task Manager, I saw the CPU usage moved around 10 - 20% (even when I closed all the running softwares).

When using Dragon Center to inspect temperature, CPU - GPU temp stayed around 51 - 54C.

Another weird phenomenon is whenever I open Task Manager, the CPU usage stays at 100% and gradually decrease to 10 - 20% after some seconds. Is this a bug of Windows or something else ? But I have encountered this same phenomenon when I used Windows 7.

Looking at the Process list, I saw the System process regularly used up to 7 - 10% CPU and 1 - 2% GPU0 (which is the Intel UHD 630), meanwhile the GPU1 (which is the NVIDIA GTX) was always at 0%.

Screenshot when using Process Explorer to inspect the System process:

I used Windows Performance Recorder to record CPU usage then I get this .ETL file. Can any Microsoft Expert out there help analyzing this ?

MSI.09-21-2020.21-47-37.rar

I'm thinking of purchasing an Internet Security software to scan my system. Should I go for BitDefender or Kaspersky ?

Continue reading...