Windows 10 High unstable ping on windows 10 (Lagspikes sometimes too)

• Thread starter Thread starter Xevoltz
  • Start date Start date
X

Xevoltz

As you can see i was pinging My standardgateway and google.com i also checked on discord just to see my unstable ping.
It lagspikes every few minutes too which is really annoying.

My specs are
GPU: GTX 1050 ti
CPU: Intel Core i5 9400F
RAM: 8 GB DDR4

Im using a wifi usb stick that allows me to connect with my wifi.
I used Speedtest.net to check out my speed and the only thing that changed was my average ping to 21 instead of 13.
I did test this out and nothing worked

First what we will do is to enable WWAN and WLAN services, these services are essential to run the Wireless and wired connection perfectly.

- Open Services (Press Windows key + R then type in services.msc then click OK)

-Look for WLAN Autoconfig and WWAN Autoconfig> Right Click Properties and set it to automatic (If it's already set to automatic, right click then click stop then start it again)

-Restart PC and check

If the issue persists, run the following command in command Prompt (Admin). Follow the steps below to do so.

These sets of commands will reset the internet connection and re-calibrate the internet settings you have.

Press Windows Key + X.
Click on Command prompt (Admin).
Type the following commands, and hit Enter after each command:
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
netsh winsock reset and press Enter
netsh int ip reset and press Enter
ipconfig /release and press Enter
ipconfig /renew and press Enter
ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter

Method 4: IP and DNS Setting, Trying an open DNS will redirect the internet connection to other Access point, by this it may get all the download speed you have.
Type ncpa.cpl in Windows start > Right click on your network > Properties > Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Hit properties > Make sure below ones are checked
Obtain an IP Address Automatically
Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically

Try Open DNS
Preferred DNS server : 208.67.222.222
Alternate DNS server : 208.67.220.220

Method 2. Do clean boot:
A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

- In the search box on the taskbar, type msconfig and select System Configuration from the results.

- On the Services tab of System Configuration, select Hide all Microsoft services, and then select Disable all.

- On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select Open Task Manager.

- Under Startup in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then select Disable.

- Close Task Manager.

- On the Startup tab of System Configuration, select OK. When you restart the computer, it's in a clean boot environment.

Continue reading...

Back