Windows 10 How can a NFC reader connected to Windows 10, confirm if FIDO/FIDO2 transactions between Client/RP and External Authenticator via CCID or NFC are comp

• Thread starter Thread starter yo_dp
  • Start date Start date
Y

yo_dp

Hello,

I am embedded software engineer. I am working on developing NFC reader firmware for one of our customer that would communicate with their windows 10 application software over CCID protocol.

The reader shall be capable of reading FIDO/FIDO2 NFC security keys to give register / give access login into their application customer and other things.

I need some techincal assistance in the development of reader firmware.

With our development, our reader is capable of successfully processing a NFC security key (Example for registering and logging into microsoft account on windows 10 via any browser MS Edge/ Chrome etc).

Reader communicates to host windows 10 pc via CCID.

However, i want to add an alert on the reader (like led /beeper) for user .. which confirms where FIDO/FIDO2 authentication / registration process is on going or completed and if they succeeded or failed, so that user can know when to remove the key from reader.

How can i do that ? Can windows be able to send any status update on FIDO/FIDO2 transactions to connected NFC reader via CCID ?

Since our reader is just like a transporter for sending encrypted commands between Client and Authenticator, our reader firmware doesnt know if FIDO/FIDO2 transactions have been started or it has been finished resulting in success or failure.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back