Windows 10 How Can I Add Windows Store Games to my Steam Library?

• Thread starter Thread starter SwissxPiplup
  • Start date Start date
S

SwissxPiplup

Hi there,

I've been trying to find an easy way to add games from the Windows store to my Steam library, I tried the intended method of using the "Add a non-Steam game" button on the bottom left of the Steam client, but the games don't show up in the generated list, and when I try to access the Windows Apps folder, it appears that I'm locked out; I would like to clarify that I'm the only user on this (my) computer and should have access rights to everything and everywhere within the system.

I can't imagine this would be for security reasons as Steam doesn't lock their apps away like this.

I would like to add various games to Steam so I can take advantage of both the Steam overlay and the Steam controller, after downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator, I'd like to use the gyroscope with the controller to its full advantage, along with the other configurations Steam allows, however the only way to do that currently is the change the controllers desktop configuration, which makes it unusable on the desktop without changing it back, and the last thing I'd want is to have to switch between multiple configurations manually every time I want to launch a different Windows game.

For all intents and purposes, the game is still bought through Windows, it shouldn't matter where I launch it from, that doesn't change its origin.

With the research I've done on accessing this folder, I can only come up with either downloading shady files to crack it open, or a way to break into the Matrix to save Neo or something, I don't know I'm not a tech wizard.

I know I'm only supposed to ask a single question per post, but I'm going to be a rebel and ask two:

• Is it necessary for this folder to be locked so I can't access the apps' executables personally? It seems to simply be making life difficult for the sake of it.
  • And how can I add Windows apps to my Steam client?

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back