Windows 10 How can I have full control of the OS drive as the only user of my laptop so that Windows wont ask for my permission when I copy/move files?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ceyhun Özsoylu
  • Start date Start date
C

Ceyhun Özsoylu

Hello,

The issue I'm struggling to resolve for the last few days is that when I copy/move files from internal SSD D drive to SSD win 10 home SL C:/ drive it asks for my permission even though I have an admin account. I click on continue and it goes but on my other computer with win 10 pro this issue doesn't exist. With desktop or self-created folders within C, this issue doesn't exist. Also, this is probably related to right-click context new menu showing many folders on the desktop and self-created folders within C whereas on C:/ itself right-click new only shows "folder".

I compared these two laptops with different windows edition by right click C drive properties and security settings and found that on win pro, users group have full control and modification marks checked whereas on other laptops with home sl they are unchecked. When I check them and apply, it shows many errors, I still continue and then it takes a while until all attributes are assigned to files and folders in a few minutes. But then the search bar and start menu get unclickable, file move, and copy doesn't even ask for permission but gives an error instead that it cant be done. And often it prompts that the recycle bin is corrupted and needs to be deleted etc.. Also these security settings changed corrupts win recovery files so reset recovers corrupt windows. so the only way is to install fresh windows from USB.

I thought this issue might have to do with windows security settings overwriting the "live" files as they run in the background and thus result in issues. I thought maybe running them through cmd in dos could work just fine but then any new win update can just overwrite those settings reverting the issue. Or any resetting windows could also revert the issue. So changing the security setting is then a temporary solution. I d like to have a permanent solution so that every time I reset or windows gets an update the C drive users will have all the permissions checked. How can I ensure that? Would upgrading to win pro resolve the issue? I don't want to pay for upgrade only to see the issue persists and there is probably no way getting the refund back later once the license is assigned to the mainboard.

What should I do to resolve the issue? For days I 've devoted my time to this to no avail. I'd like to have a permanent solution to this. Could you please guide me?

Thank you

Continue reading...

Back