Windows 10 How can I report a technician who stole an Office 365 activation key?

• Thread starter Thread starter myramysk
  • Start date Start date
M

myramysk

This is a question about what to do because I suspect an activation key I had purchased earlier this year was stolen from an official Microsoft technical support team member.

Back in April, I bought a new computer and a subscription to Office 365 on Amazon. However, when I tried to set-up and install Office 365, the set-up halted the activation when trying to connect to the Microsoft server. I discovered the problem with set-up and activation was my IP (I was in China at the time), and after much time spent explaining the issue to Microsoft and then later with Amazon, I later decided to try using a VPN to finish the set-up.

Then with the VPN activated, the set-up was halted again, this time with a message stating that the activation key for the product I was attempting to install was invalid. At first I was baffled, but then I remembered that when I contacted Microsoft to resolve the installation issue earlier involving the foreign IP, each time I made contact (twice) the technician asked for the activation key. Later, when I contacted Microsoft about this new issue, I was informed that the product was already activated by a user *** Email address is removed for privacy *** using that key on April 23, 2018 (the same day I contacted Microsoft techincal support to explain my IP issue).

For this reason, I suspect that when I originially contacted Microsoft for support on my IP, the technician took my activation code and used it (or sold it) to another user. I contacted Microsoft again and asked a support technician to connect me with supervision, and he refused. I made my point that my subscription should not have been activated, and a technician's refusal to let me speak to supervision about the issue leads me to suspect that this could be an ongoing under-reported issue in the Microsoft technical support team that needs to be addressed.

I wonder if other users are aware of incidents which indicate that theft may have been committed by official Microsoft support technician. My question is how can I make this issue known to supervision in the Microsoft technical support department?

Continue reading...