Windows 10 How can I stop taskbar toolbar icons from moving around (adding extra spaces/gaps) when I lock the taskbar?

• Thread starter Thread starter Vlad1mir
  • Start date Start date
V

Vlad1mir

Hello,

I have an issue where extra spaces, gaps, etc are being added at the end of the icons in a custom taskbar toolbar.

When the taskbar is "unlocked" for customizing, the toolbar icons are correctly placed, but as soon as I lock the taskbar again, they shift over to the left and a large gap is added after the icons.

The result is a large space between the toolbar and the tray icons which not only look visually displeasing but takes up space from pinned programs to the left.

Here is a screenshot I found from someone else who has the exact same issue. They never got a solution to the problem.

This is pretty much exactly what I am experiencing as well.

I am aware that the dividers will sometimes take up a bit of space and that icons will shift a tiny bit because the dividers go away once "locked", however this is obviously too much space to account for that effect.

Also, I thought maybe inside of the "toolbar" folder where my icons are located that there might be hidden system folders taking up the space, but that was not the case either.

I am using the latest version of Windows 10 (1903).

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back