Windows 10 How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ira Grollman
  • Start date Start date
I

Ira Grollman

How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased?

After my system (windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.379) has been up for a few days, indexing is still running and typically reports about 1.7 million items indexed. Not at all unreasonable for a system with lots of email and many development projects. Other than office files, all are set to properties indexing rather than content indexing. All files are local on a single 1TB SSD, i7 based 16 GB memory.

Following a system reboot, event log entry 623 is logged:
SearchIndexer (11448,D,19) Windows: The version store for this instance (0) has reached its maximum size of 128Mb. Then the search tasks log their own errors and continue using 100% of whatever core they are assigned to.

Note that the 128MB likely refers to database page count. I have tried esentutl options to validate integrity, repair and/or recovery. Either the utility dies or it logs a -1003 Jet_errInvalidParameter, Invalid API parameter)

The version store in this case is an Extensible Storage Engine using
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb

The delete index and rebuild within the indexing control panel has been used and this does delete the existing file and it starts rebuilding. After a few days, the limit is hit again. Similarly, the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter does not change the problem.

Two relavent articles are:
The Version Store Called, and They’re All Out of Buckets

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...s-slower-or-stops-responding-when-the-garbage

Regards, Ira

Continue reading...

Back